Implant-supported dentures are dentures retained by implants. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Implants are placed in the jaw where they anchor in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
What are the benefits of dentures supported by implants?
- People who opt for implant-supported dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel more like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and develop sores.
- Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures often have difficulty speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Eating is much easier with implant-supported dentures. With increased biting forces, you will be able to chew more efficiently.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.